Why science communication journal club was established
As a scientist you happily juggle multiple things, which include:
- running your lab or field experiments
- writing grant applications
- writing manuscripts for publication
- managing your staff, students and postdocs
On top of all of this you feel obligated to engage in science communication to non-expert audiences, which may include:
- communicating your science in plain english
- getting out of the lab to do outreach
- and keep up with the latest research in what works for science communication
These additional items on your plate can be exhausting and overwhelming.
What is Science Communication Journal Club?
Science Communication Journal Club is aimed at easing the overwhelm associated with your science outreach responsibilities.We summarize the latest peer reviewed literature as well as reports and surveys and deliver them to you in the form of regular Twitter chats and blog articles.
We are a group of professionals, each of us specializing in some aspect of science communication. Our areas of speciality include:
- Social Media Strategy
- Climate Change Communication
- Cognitive Science
- Data visualization and design
- Public Policy
- Human perception of food and health
Science Communication Journal club will initially be held on a monthly basis, where we share information related to our expertise via a Twitter chat. We also document this information in a blog post so you can have access to them at any time.
If you have questions about Science Communication Journal Club, or you would like to join us as a volunteer, please reach out by leaving a comment or via our Contact page.